Under Colorado injury law, premises liability is a term that describes the legal context of a slip and fall accident, and encompasses the legal responsibility that a property owner, tenant, and/or manager have to provide a safe environment and reasonable protections against accident or injury.
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you need to speak with a Denver injury lawyer who has extensive experience in handling your type of claim – namely, a slip and fall claim.
Slip and fall accidents are responsible for a vast number of injuries in Denver, Colorado, and the rest of the country at large. Accident victims are often left with serious injuries that range from broken bones to concussions and head injuries.
Surprisingly, however, we’re most vulnerable to a slip and fall accident in the very places that we think we’re safe – where we live (or at least, where we sleep.) A recent study of slip and fall accidents in the United States showed that a substantial number of these accidents occur in residential apartment buildings and hotels, approximately 56%. The other 44% is comprised of retail buildings, restaurants, bars, and other such establishments.
It’s important to be aware from the very outset of your case that these types of claims are rarely ever quick and simple. No matter what Denver injury law firm you choose to represent you, your attorney may be facing an uphill battle when it comes to proving the property owner’s fault – but not always.
A slip and fall case often hinges on only a few key points, and much time and energy is spent proving (or disproving) those points:
Another legal issue of slip and fall accidents is the legal status of the premises visitor who was injured. There are three types of legal status of visitor: invitee, licensee, and trespasser.
For instance, if you were injured while shopping, your legal status as it pertains to the property is invitee, which means that the property owner owes to you a higher standard of implied protection than if you were a licensee or trespasser.
Each case is different, so it’s important that you speak with a Denver injury lawyer as soon as possible so that you can receive a comprehensive case analysis, in which an attorney will evaluate your claim. Our attorneys offer this initial consultation for free, and to make the most out of it, you should ensure that you bring all of the relevant claim documents you have, including the accident report, hospital bills, and supporting medical records.
The personalized service that you’ll receive as a member of our family of clientele after you’ve suffered a tragic injury or loss include not only the powerful resources of our firm, but also the compassionate support of real human beings who care about your progress, your recovery, and justice for your case.
We not only offer, but promise:
Colorado law is clear – when you’ve been in an accident and have suffered an injury due to the fault of another, you deserve to be made whole. Whether it’s getting a fair settlement from your insurance company or holding the person responsible for your accident accountable for your damages, a Denver personal injury attorney from our firm will be your guide and advocate. Call today to schedule a free consultation.
Contact Zaner Harden Law for a free and confidential consultation by calling (303) 563-5354. Or, you can complete our Free Case Evaluation Form online and we will contact you.