Mara Essick Associate Attorney
Mara Essick is a committed advocate dedicated to righting the wrongs done to her clients. She tirelessly fights for those whom the insurance companies try to take advantage of and force into unfair settlements. Ms. Essick navigates the murky waters of the law and handles the insurance companies so clients can focus on the important things, like recovering from their injuries.
After graduating from the University of Michigan, it became clear to Ms. Essick that the law was her passion. She pursued that passion to Denver and graduated from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. While there, Ms. Essick proudly served on the Honor Board and worked as a staff Editor for the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy.
Before finding her way to Zaner Harden Law, Ms. Essick worked for a large Colorado based personal injury firm and specialized in first and third party insurance claims, as well as first party bad faith. She is now proud to be part of the Zaner Harden Law team because of the firm’s collaborative and energetic spirit, where the law is revered and used to uphold justice for her clients. Ms. Essick constantly seeks out creative solutions to help maximize her client’s outcome in each and every case.
In her free time Ms. Essick can be found in the mountains, attempting to cook a gourmet meal, or getting wrapped up in a good book. She loves to hike, snowshoe, camp, and explore every mountain range and mountain town in Colorado.
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- Honor Board, Elected Representative and in charge of the Honor Code Revision Committee
- Denver Journal of International Law and Policy, Staff Editor
- Jewish Law Students’ Association, President
- Student Trial Lawyers’ Association, Honorable Mention for Stand Out Performance
- Hoffman Cup, Moot Court Competition Participant
- Internship at the Denver City Attorney’s Office, Prosecution and Code Enforcement
- Internship at the Rocky Mountain Victims’ Law Center
University of Michigan
- B.A. from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Political Science Major with a Minor in Screen Arts and Culture
- Multiple Sclerosis Society, Co-Founder
- Kids Kicking Cancer, Volunteer
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Member
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Delonis Homeless Shelter, Volunteer
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers’ Association
- American Association for Justice